[cisco-voip] Multicasting Speakers and Feed IP command

Ian J. Pitts ipitts at Syn-Apps.com
Fri Jan 22 18:47:54 EST 2010

The only way to get from vlan 999 to vlan 10 with multicast is to route it
and that requires multicast routing on the router.

If you are using the 3750 for layer 3 routing you will need to upgrade to an
image that supports it.

You could also add another router to those vlan's and enable multicast
routing and ip pim on those layer 3 interfaces.

Just to clarify the audio path.
When you enable the feed ip dn you are essentially having the cme instruct
the calling phone to send it's audio to a multicast address. The packets are
sourced from the calling phone not the CME. This might be the part that is
causing the confusion.

Hope that helps,
Ian Pitts
Syn-Apps