[cisco-voip] Easy QoS question - trust boundary

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 14:43:35 EST 2010

I'm sure this is an elementary question for many.

We're reviewing (and correcting) our qos settings and right now i'm
looking at trust boundaries. We're doing our packet marking on the
edges (usually at the IP Phone or access port), so our internal
connections all trust. My question is when I get to our 7206VXR that
handles WAN connections, I don't have an "mls qos trust" command
available on the interfaces. Do these interfaces then implicitly trust
QoS markings on incoming packets, or do I need to setup some maps to
mark them again?
Most of the other devices on our network are catalyst switches so i'm
unfamiliar with this platform.. reading thru the srnd on qos has some
configurations with class-maps but I didnt see anywhere where it
talked about setting up or not setting up trust.

Thanks!

--
Ed Leatherman