[cisco-voip] Cisco IP Communicator Issue

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Thu Jan 28 17:55:19 EST 2010

Hi,
> If you find an answer to this, we’ve had this same problem for quite some time.  It happens such that any user on VPN calling another user or vice versa will have to dial twice to get the call to be duplex.
>
> 3.       Placed a call to another number internal to the CME.  Incoming audio (recipient could be heard), but outgoing audio (me speaking) did not work.
>
> Is there a reason why I have problems with bullet #3?  The only thing I could think of is the fact that the actual physical Cisco phones are on their own private network, separate from the corporate network.  But even then, I could make/receive calls from outside phones.

do you have splittunnel VPN or full VPN?  In this sort of scenario its likely that the
private network can talk to the VPN and hence to you - but your route map doesnt
let you know how to get to them

ie add the route for the internal private network to the VPN so that clients know
to talk to/through the VPN to get to the phones....some phone proxy or gateway
would allow this to operate more 'cleanly' - an issue i have (and hence use VPN)
is that of call encryption.

alan