[cisco-voip] 3845 GW DSP profile registration

Peter Slow peter.slow at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 09:54:51 EST 2010

4.1 will work, but changes the SCCP Device type reported by the
DSPFarm during registration from whats otherwise reported as the older
DSPFarm types when set to 3.3 or earlier. Im guessing thats why it's
not registering now. It would've registered before with the incorrect
(non enhanced device type) type with the earlier versions configured
or defaulted to. The DSPFarm reports itself as the older style for
backwards compatability since i don't beleive in those versions of
CUCM there IS any selection for an "enhanced IOS" device of any sort.
I think 5.x version keyword configuration in IOS is required to get
the devices to try to register if you've configured support for RSVP
under the DSPFarm profile, since thats where support for that was
added.

-Peter