[cisco-voip] Phone limits per server

Matthew Saskin msaskin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 09:40:51 EST 2010

I haven't heard of/seen a 4K limit - I've got most customers imposing their
own limits between 5000 and 6000 phones per server using 7845's purely as a
measure of comfort.  I believe that the weighting for an FXS/FXO port is
different than that of a PRI, but don't quote me on that.  The CallManager
Capacity Tool/Sizing Tool should give a good overview of device weighting as
well as capacity of a cluster taking into consideration BHCA's, etc.
Available on the cisco website - don't have a link readily available.

Matthew Saskin
msaskin at gmail.com
203-253-9571

July 18, 2010 - 1500m swim (in the hudson), 40k bike, 10k run
Please support the Leukemia & Lyphoma Society
http://pages.teamintraining.org/nyc/nyctri10/msaskin