[cisco-voip] Phone limits per server

Wes Sisk wsisk at cisco.com
Wed Mar 10 09:55:40 EST 2010

We have transitioned away from the 'device units' approach that used to
be in the SRND.  When we were using that model the multiples were
something like:
phone with 1 line at X BHCA = 1 unit
monitoring that phone via CTI = 4 units
registering a CTI device such as CTI route point = 8 units

Note, these are approximations.  The information is still available in
older SRNDs. Unfortunately that model did not scale very well thus the
move to the new capacity calculators.  The big challenge now is that CM
does not generate simple concise values to plug into the calculators.

/Wes