[cisco-voip] IT-to-IP Gateway

Nick Matthews matthnick at gmail.com
Sat Mar 20 11:36:22 EDT 2010

Yes and no.  It is just a router with dial peers.  However, the
features and isses that arise because of the nature of two IP
protocols instead of TDM are increasingly complex, and it has caused
the configuration to be called a different product.  There are some
intricacies that are covered with the use of IPIPGW IOS code that
wouldn't ordinarily work as a "router with dial peers".

In the end, it is a one-time licensing agreement based on the number
of active sessions you will use.  At this time there is not
enforcement of this license, but there seems to be some interest in
enforcing it because of the sheer amount of people that do not pay for
the licensing.

-nick