[cisco-voip] Slightly OT: IOS config archiving

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 10:10:16 EDT 2010

Hello all,

This isn't directly voice related but a lot of us have some IOS voice
gateways so I thought someone might know the answer. Also some might
be interested in this topic anyway.

I've got configuration archiving setup on some of my gateways, IOS
version ranges from 12.4Tsomething to 15.0(1)M2. currently, the path
is setup as:

archive
 log config
  logging size 200
 path flash:/configs/$h
 maximum 14
 write-memory

I would like to include the time stamp as well in the file name. Per
the IOS documentation, I should just be able to use $t in my path
statement (ex path flash:/configs/$h$t), but when I do that, the file
names show up as ":Error - Illegal file character". I couldn't find a
bug for this so I thought maybe I'm doing something wrong. Any ideas?

--
Ed Leatherman