[cisco-voip] Extension Mobility service load balancing

Frank Arrasmith frank.arrasmith at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 18:07:26 EST 2011

I have searched the archives and come up empty, so I thought I would ask
the group.  We are running CUCM 7.1.5 and the trouble is with load
balancing the Extension Mobility service.   We are using F5 LTM's and we
have created a pool and a virtual server to handle extension mobility login
requests.  When we point the Extension Mobility service URL(in CUCM> Device
Defaults> Phone Services)to the VIP, we get an error "Host Not Found" on
the phone.  Since we have never set this up for Call manager, we are using
an existing web server configuration as a template, but i'm not sure if we
have to configure something specific, there didn't seem to be alot of
options when configuring, unless we have to create a specific "iRule".  If
anybody has configured this with an F5, and there is a gothcha in the
setup, or if a special irule is needed, I would greatly appreciate the help
in getting this working.  Thanks in advance for the helpful suggestions...