[cisco-voip] bug with 7962s and shared lines?

John Callahan jcallaha at willamette.edu
Wed Oct 10 13:44:09 EDT 2012

Has anyone else experienced a bug with shared lines on 7962s where every so
often one phone will start answering incoming calls and then immediately
disconnect?   Resetting the phone that is doing the answering solves the
problem, but that solution isn't particularly popular.

I am sure I had found a bug ID where the "workaround" was to adjust the
angle of tilt of the phone to be less than the maximum (as if somehow the
handset is "floating" up and down?!)  but now I can't find any reference to
this problem or the workaround.  Am wondering if it got fixed either in
phone firmware or in CallManager.

Thanks!

John
--