[cisco-voip] Hotel Murder Linked to E911 Programming

Coy Hile coy.hile at coyhile.com
Mon Jan 13 21:28:58 EST 2014

On Jan 13, 2014, at 6:35 PM, Adam Piasecki <apiasecki at midatlanticbb.com> wrote:

> I install CUCM along with CER at Hotels and I've always just allowed 911 to go out. I get people dialing 911 by accident but it's better then someone not getting out.
>
> Adam

I’ve done the same thing on my personal lab setups (which double for voice at the house), and I’ve personally seen PD respond to one of my company’s offices because someone dialed 9-1-1 rather than 9-011-<XXXX> for an international call.

Like others have said, better to have an accidental call than to have a call not go out.  I don’t know any first responder personally who disagrees with that sentiment.

—
Coy Hile
coy.hile at coyhile.com