[cisco-voip] Real World UC VM

Tim Smith tim.smith at enject.com.au
Wed Jan 22 19:56:50 EST 2014

The links provided  will tell you to do it in a maintenance window, when the machine is not doing anything.
So it's not like you are going to vMotion it during busy hour with 1000 calls in progress :)

We  would usually just shut down the machines and migrate them. It doesn't take a lot longer.
It can be shared storage, or change data stores in this case as well.

I'm not too fussed about vMotion. But I'd love to be able to use something smarter to do the backups.

Cheers,

Tim