[cisco-voip] Migrating from v7 to v9 (same cluster IPs) - getting phones to recognize new v9 cluster

John Kougoulos john.kougoulos at gmail.com
Sat Jan 25 13:02:29 EST 2014

Hi,

if you are comfortable with unix you can install rancid in a linux box, put
the ip addresses of the switches in a file and then do something like:
for i in  `cat switchips.file`
do
  clogin -c "show cdp nei" $i > $i.cdp
done

This will give you the mapping of switch port to phone. You could even use
these files to do massive shut/no shut on the ports.

if you have also some scripting skills you could get the list of phones and
the associated status/IPs using AXL.

Also pay attention to the phones that support ITL.

Cheers,
John