[j-nsp] Filters

Alexander Arsenyev (GU/ETL) alexander.arsenyev at ericsson.com
Thu Jul 14 11:59:17 EDT 2005

Hello Andy,

The protection filters are configured under [edit firewall] and applied under [edit interfaces <interface-name> unit <unit-number> family <family name> ]
http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos/junos72/swconfig72-policy/html/firewall-config29.html#1027001
The rewrite-rules are configured under {edit class-of-service] and applied under [edit class-of-service interfaces interface-name unit logical-unit-number]
http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos/junos72/swconfig72-interfaces/html/cos-config29.html#1015195
So there are 2 distinct places to define what You are going to do: one to specify firewall filters and second to specify rewrite rules. Likewise, there are 2 places to actually do things: one to do firewall filtering and another to do DSCP/IPPREC/EXP rewriting.
Is that what You are looking for?
HTH,
Cheers
Alex