[j-nsp] Re: Multicast

Daniel Roesen dr at cluenet.de
Sat Jul 16 07:03:14 EDT 2005

On Sat, Jul 16, 2005 at 01:27:21AM +0200, Daniel Roesen wrote:
> When briefly reading thru it, I wondered why you use "show ip/multi rpf"
> to find out the interface of the source, and not just "show [ip]
> route"? You're looking for a receiver, not a source...

Erm sorry, I meant "to find out the interface of the RECEIVER", not
"the source".

Nevertheless, after further pondering it seems to be correct. Just the
naming "rpf" is a little misleading. It triggers lookup in inet.2 which
should have exactly the same direct route for the receiver as inet.0 on
the receiver DR (interface-routes put into inet.2).

Best regards,
Daniel