[j-nsp] Bridging between PIM-SM and PIM-DM domains

Jee Kay jeekay at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 10:26:02 EDT 2005

We are currently trying to set up an M7i here to bridge between a
PIM-SM and a PIM-DM domain. The router in question is the RP for the
SM domain. The topology is roughly as below:

Source -> fe-0/0/0 (SM) M7i fe-0/0/1 (DM) -> Listener

I also need to be able to get specific groups coming in from the DM
domain multicast into the SM domain aswell.

I am unable to get traffic sourced from within the SM domain to be
passed out of the DM interface, or to get traffic sourced from the DM
domain into the SM domain.

Does anyone have any idea what bits of configuration I would need to
make this work? The configuration at the moment is fairly standard,
the PIM looking as follows:

(10.10.10.10 is a secondary address on lo0)

set protocols pim rp local address 10.10.10.10
set protocols pim interface fe-0/0/0 mode sparse
set protocols pim interface fe-0/0/1 mode dense

Thanks in advance,
Ras