[j-nsp] SSH Server

Craig Pierantozzi tozz at bind.com
Tue May 24 21:44:27 EDT 2005

When you typed this below, you committed the
configuration after right?  What error are you
receiving?  Are there any filters on the interfaces?

You shouldn't _need_ to generate keys to access
the router using ssh client.  BTW, the default
protocol version should be ssh v2 and unless you
configure v1 you must use v2 to connect.

Connecting from garnet to R1 with basic config is
a success:

---snip---

craigp at R1> show configuration system services
ftp;
ssh;
telnet;

craigp at R1> monitor start messages

craigp at R1>
*** messages ***
May 24 18:45:36  R1 sshd[3008]: Accepted password for craigp from
172.17.28.17 port 2482 ssh2

---snip---

---snip---

craigp at garnet> ssh tp1
craigp at tp1-fxp0.englab.juniper.net's password:
--- JUNOS 7.0R2.7 built 2005-01-06 06:58:15 UTC

craigp at R1>

---snip---

regards
-Craig