[j-nsp] BGP label allocation error...

ADAM CALLIS adam.callis at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 18:34:26 EDT 2006

One other supported solution is to use a vt interface. This allows the
router to process the incoming MPLS packet first, then to send the plain
IP packet back through the process. Note, this requires at least a tunnel
services pic, if not an adaptive services pic to do, and it is difficult to
support. I strongly recommend vrf-table-label. One note of caution, there
are some pics that do not support VRF Table Label. Be sure to check the tech
pubs for your version of software to verify if vrf-table-label is supported.
If the interface is not supported, it cannot be an MPLS facing interface
(family mpls). Example: on board gige pic on M7i didn't support it until 7.x
.

Thanks,
Adam Callis
JNCIE-M #159