[j-nsp] routing problem

Erol KAHRAMAN erol.kahraman at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 04:22:06 EST 2006

i have two isps. Each isp send me their routes. And i send the routes to
each router in my ibgp group.
i don't have any import policy, so i get all routes. My output from both
boxes is below;

R1> show bgp summary
Groups: 2 Peers: 2 Down peers: 0
Table          Tot Paths  Act Paths Suppressed    History Damp State
Pending
inet.0            186275     181605          0          0
0          0
Peer               AS      InPkt     OutPkt    OutQ   Flaps Last Up/Dwn
State|#Active/Received/Damped...
R2(VRRP_IP)    4478      75248     199086       0       0    21:01:51
3837/6628/0          0/0/0  [IBGP]
IP1   121    1418562      20176       0       4      1w0d0h
177768/179647/0      0/0/0  [EBGP]

R2> show bgp summary
Groups: 2 Peers: 2 Down peers: 0
Table          Tot Paths  Act Paths Suppressed    History Damp State
Pending
inet.0            359346     181602          0          0
0          0
Peer               AS      InPkt     OutPkt    OutQ   Flaps Last Up/Dwn
State|#Active/Received/Damped...
R1(VRRP_IP)    4478     198859      75167       0       0    20:59:25
174984/177768/0      0/0/0  [IBGP]
IP2    851    7939012     123824       0      83     1:41:00
6618/181578/0        0/0/0  [EBGP]

In my R2 output i see nearly 7000 active routes. I think that these routes
is more preferable for R2 because they are behind my ISP (IP2). Am i right?
So if i can filter these routes by some properties maybe i can import them
with high localpref.

--
Erol KAHRAMAN
System Network Administrator