[j-nsp] BGP communities for direct routes

Lev Garantin levgarantin at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 10 09:26:35 EDT 2007

Hello,

I'm new to JunOS (coming from Foundry) and am enjoying
the experience a lot.

I just have a small problem, I can't seem to figure
out how to add a (BGP) community to a direct route so
that I can export it together with aggregate and
static routes in a community based BGP export policy.

i.e.
I want to export 192.168.0.0/24, 192.168.1.0/24 and
192.168.2.0/24 to an iBGP neighbor.

I'm using Junos 7.6.

lev at test# show interfaces ae0.2
vlan-id 2;
family inet {
    address 192.168.0.1/24;
    address 192.168.1.1/24;
}

lev at test# show routing-options static route
192.168.2.0/24
discard;
no-install;
community 65000:10;

lev at test# show policy-options policy-statement
RR-customers
term customers {
    from {
        protocol [ static aggregate ];
        community origin-customer;
    }
    then accept;
}
then reject;

lev at test# show policy-options community
origin-customer
members 65000:10;

Any pointer are appreciated.
Thanks, Lev

Park yourself in front of a world of choices in
alternative vehicles. Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green
Center.
http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/