[j-nsp] CFEB error

Kanagaraj Krishna kanagaraj at aims.com.my
Mon Aug 20 13:44:18 EDT 2007

Hi,
   I've been getting a lot of CFEB related errors on my M7i logs, as below:

[date & time]  [hostname] cfeb hge_sffp_i2c_set_read_addr timeout waiting SFFP
read addr config
[date & time]  [hostname] cfeb HGE(0/0) link 0: error set SFFP I2C read addr
0x0161
[date & time]  [hostname] cfeb SFP 2: in sfp_read_range, failed to read SFP
DIAGNOSTICS address 97

[date & time]  [hostname] cfeb QGE(1/3): timeout waiting SFFP read cmd,
qge_sfp_id_read
[date & time]  [hostname] cfeb SFP 1: in sfp_read_range, failed to read SFP
DIAGNOSTICS address 101
[date & time]  [hostname] cfeb hge_sfp_id_read timeout waiting SFFP read cmd
[date & time]  [hostname] cfeb SFP 2: in sfp_read_range, failed to read SFP
DIAGNOSTICS address 97

This started occuring after JUNOS upgrade to 8.2. Are there any specific
issues/bug attached to this software version?

Model: m7i
JUNOS Base OS boot [8.2R2.4]
JUNOS Base OS Software Suite [8.2R2.4]
JUNOS Kernel Software Suite [8.2R2.4]
JUNOS Packet Forwarding Engine Support (M/T Common) [8.2R2.4]
JUNOS Packet Forwarding Engine Support (M7i/M10i) [8.2R2.4]
JUNOS Online Documentation [8.2R2.4]
JUNOS Routing Software Suite [8.2R2.4]

Regards,
Kana