[j-nsp] GRE problems

Jonathan Looney jonlooney at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 10:21:07 EST 2007

If you have enabled PMTUD under the tunnel interface, it seems odd that it
is not working.  Is your network blocking the ICMP fragmentation needed
messages from the upstream router?  However, another option is to manually
lower the MTU under the [edit interfaces gr-x/x/x unit 0 family
(inet|inet6|etc)] hierarchy to account for times when the resilient link is
in use.  You would need to lower it on both ends of the tunnel.  And, this
would be slightly suboptimal in that it would potentially cause
fragmentation of large packets when none is needed; however, at least they
should get through.

HTHs

-Jon