[j-nsp] Multiple mapped IPs on SSG-550

Stefan Fouant sfouant at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 13:04:58 EST 2008

You can accomplish this using a MIP.  VIPs are only used if you want to use
the same address on the public side and map unique ports to a unique
destination address and destination port combination on the private side.
The downside of the MIP however is that all traffic to a designated public
address will be mapped to a designated private address, regardless of port.
If you just want to constrain it to Port 80 traffic, you'll want to use
NAT-Dst in a policy.  Policy based NAT-Dst is more flexible than using MIPs
or VIPs.

Cheers,

Stefan Fouant