[j-nsp] Juniper and ACS

Ovais Iqbal ovais.iqball at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 25 04:58:43 EST 2008

Hi all, I am using junos 7.5 and cisco ACS 3.3.

  I want to authenticate users using Radius juniper in cisco ACS. but i want to ask that is it necassary to configure local user accounts to make authentication successfull ??

  This is my configuration

  authentication-order [ radius ];
  radius-server {
  10.1.1.23 {
  secret "$9$L.QN-wYgoGjqM8aZ"; ## SECRET-DATA
  source-address 10.1.12.7;
  }

  but if i am only using this configuration authentication is not successful,
  if i add these commands
  login {
  user ovais {
  full-name OIqbal;
  uid 2001;
  class super-user;
  authentication {
  encrypted-password "$1$I.YS0Q0h$tTgJT8l8xCUNNbtXB3rmw0"; ## SECRET-D
  ATA
  Then it just authenticates the user with login name OIqbal and no other users, can any1 tell me why is it necassary to configure local user accounts