[j-nsp] FTTH, anyone?

Bjørn Tore Paulen bt at paulen.net
Thu Feb 5 16:26:11 EST 2009

All,

We aggregate FTTH customers in small POPs here and there, typically 100 -
300 customers per site. We are looking for a reasonably priced unit with
adequate performance to facilitate this. We want to be able to run 1Gbps
single-stranded towards the customers. (PON is of course something we
consider as well.)

Now, when talking active ethernet I am sure that some of you are doing this,
and possibly could give me some advice? Our core is pure Juniper, but we use
different equipment for distribution. (Almost) no Cisco, though. However -
they might suit our needs here? The EX might be an option - if it's not too
early? Foundry? Allied? Alcatel?

So many boxes, so little time..

/BT