[j-nsp] physical interface policer

Mac GroupStudy mac.groupstudy at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 09:23:44 EDT 2010

Let me position my thoughts as well, I have been out of JUNOS for some time
but I did get pretty far in my knowledge there along the way. Also, this is
from the Juniper site for configuring policers on a physical interface:

Applying Firewall Filters That Reference Physical Interface Policers

After you configure a firewall filter that references a physical interface
policer, you apply it as an input or an output filter to a logical
interface.

To apply a firewall filter that references a physical interface policer as
an input filter:

   - Include the input *filter-name* statement at the [edit interfaces *
   interface-name* unit *logical-unit-number* family *family-name*
filter]hierarchy level.

To apply a firewall filter that references a physical interface policer as
an output filter:

   - Include the output *filter-name* statement at the [edit interfaces *
   interface-name* unit *logical-unit-number* family
*family-name*]hierarchy level.

In the following example, firewall filter inet-filter is applied to family
inet on interface ge-1/2/0.0. The filter is applied to incoming IPv4 traffic
on the interface.
 [edit] interfaces {  ge-1/2/0 {  unit 0 {  family inet {  filter { input
inet-filter; }  address 10.100.16.2/24 }  }