[j-nsp] ho to tie 2 VR's together on EX4200

Doug Marschke doug at proteus.net
Wed Oct 27 19:41:26 EDT 2010

I would figure an LT interface like other platforms but it doesn't allow for
an encapsulation. Ideas?

{master:0}[edit interfaces lt-0/0/0]

lab at s13# show

unit 0 {

    point-to-point;

    peer-unit 1;

    family inet {

        address 10.1.2.1/30;

    }

}

unit 1 {

    peer-unit 0;

    family inet {

        address 10.1.2.2/30;

    }

}

{master:0}[edit interfaces lt-0/0/0]

lab at s13# commit

[edit interfaces lt-0/0/0]

  'unit 0'

     encapsulation needs to be configured for logical tunnel interface

error: configuration check-out failed

{master:0}[edit interfaces lt-0/0/0]

lab at s13# set unit 0 ?

Possible completions:

  <[Enter]>            Execute this command

  accounting-profile   Accounting profile name

+ apply-groups         Groups from which to inherit configuration data

+ apply-groups-except  Don't inherit configuration data from these groups

  bandwidth            Logical unit bandwidth (informational only)

  description          Text description of interface

  disable              Disable this logical interface

  dlci                 Frame Relay data-link control identifier (1..1022)

> family               Protocol family

  mtu                  Maximum transmission unit packet size (256..9216)

  no-traps             Don't enable SNMP notifications on state changes

  peer-unit            Peer unit number (0..16385)

  point-to-point       Point-to-point connection

  traps                Enable SNMP notifications on state changes

> tunnel               Tunnel parameters

  vlan-id              Virtual LAN identifier value for 802.1q VLAN tags

  |                    Pipe through a command

{

lab at s13# run show version

fpc0:

Hostname: s13

Model: ex4200-24t

JUNOS Base OS boot [9.5R2.7]

JUNOS Base OS Software Suite [9.5R2.7]

JUNOS Kernel Software Suite [9.5R2.7]

JUNOS Crypto Software Suite [9.5R2.7]

JUNOS Online Documentation [9.5R2.7]

JUNOS Enterprise Software Suite [9.5R2.7]

JUNOS Packet Forwarding Engine Enterprise Software Suite [9.5R2.7]

JUNOS Routing Software Suite [9.5R2.7]

JUNOS Web Management [9.5R2.7]

{master:0}[edit interfaces lt-0/0/0]

Doug Marschke

Chief Technology Officer

JNCIE-ER #3, JNCIE-M #41, JNCIS-FW, JNCI

(415) 902-5702 (cell)

(415)-358-4059 (fax)

www.proteus.net