[j-nsp] Leaking from a vrf to inet0

Raphael Mazelier raph at futomaki.net
Mon Mar 21 12:04:35 EDT 2016

Hello,

I am currently evaluating how to migrate the internet dmz, and the
public pfx of my customers into VRF.
During the migration phase I have to leak pfx from vrf to the global table.
Don't ask why, but I cannot do the leaking on the PE-CE side as it
should normaly occur.
So I want to do leaking on the remote PE from pfx learned via mp-bgp on
the vrf to the global, and afaik it is not possible directly.

I know that this topic have been discussed before, but if someone have
some hints on how to do this the cleanest way possible.

Options I found in old threads are :
- use static routes with next-table (tested and work but completely manual)
- use a lt interface between global and vrf (and use some routing
protocol ?)
- advertise twice the route in family inet in addition to inet-vpn, in
order to leak it with rib-group (since rib-group only work when pfx is
in a primary table)

This last solution seems to be the less manual (I don't want to make
config for each pfx) but seems tricky/ugly.
I got a working setup with these but definitively looks weird.

What are your opinions/hints ?

--
Raphael Mazelier