RE: [nsp] ACL optimizer..

From: Rubens Kuhl Jr. (rkuhljr@uol.com.br)
Date: Mon May 13 2002 - 17:33:29 EDT

ACL performance variations depends on what is forwarding packets, doing
ACLs and how.
For instance, Cat6K/7600 has always the same ACL performance in pps if
its internal compiler is able to implant the ACL on the Sup TCAM, and
precompiling may do good things or bad things to TCAM usage.
On GSR Engines 0 to 2, turning TurboACL on or off would also make the
aggregation more or less useful.

Keeping readability may be done by always keeping the source ACL to edit
and using the modified only to deploy it on routers.

Rubens Kuhl Jr.