Re: [nsp] CCIE certification track?

From: Christopher Neill (noise@cow.org)
Date: Thu Jun 13 2002 - 12:29:45 EDT

On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 12:47:19PM +0100, Iwan Thomas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> General query; I'm a CCNP looking to progress to CCIE in the next 18 months.
> Of the three certification tracks (security, routing/switching,
> communications), which is currently favoured in the market place, and which
> is most pertinent to emerging technologies?
>
> I'm fortunate to be in a position to test and train on any of the three, so
> that's not an issue. Any advice / personal experience would be most welcome.

Probably routing/switching, which is also the most common afaik. I'm told that
VoIP has big growth potential in the next few years by a few trusted sources
with their finger on the proverbial pulse of the industry (or somesuch).

I have all the study guides and when I get truely disgusted with life in general
or bored out of my skull I dust them off. Right now I'm mired in the nuances of
PSTP/PSTP+.

Alot (surprisingly) of CCIEs I've talked to (in the Bay Area) just grabbed a
handful of books and some of them had never touched a cisco before in their
lives. They skipped NA/DA/NP/DP altogether (too late for that, I suppose).

--
$Id: .sig,v 1.44 2001/10/30 00:40:59 noise Exp $
i wanna see movies of my dreams.. -bts