Re: [nsp] BGP loop detection

From: Zaheer Aziz (zaziz@cisco.com)
Date: Tue Jun 18 2002 - 12:48:15 EDT

At 04:01 PM 6/18/2002 +0530, pankaj wrote:
>More easier solution is as Nick and Philip said.
>
>Use static route for eachother's /19 pointing to your router. Or just
>use default route pointing to ur router.
>Thats enough for the situation u describe

Nick wrote "/19 is actually for two separate businesses; one a tier-2 ISP and
the other VoIP provider"

I cant imagine a tier-2 ISP running statics and defaults. They dont have a
backbone
but certainly they should be aware of ups and downs of Internet routes.
Moreover if
Nick Kraal's company decided to run MPLS, this customer would be a perfect
candidate
for Carrier Supporting Carriers CsC described at.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios120/120newft/120limit/120st/120st14/csc.htm

My 2c
Zaheer