[nsp] [nsp] NFAS on AS53xx

From: Cisco Geek Rotation (cisco@peakpeak.com)
Date: Thu Jul 11 2002 - 15:42:22 EDT

If you were going to provision both 24B and 23 B+D PRIs into several AS53xx
chassis (AS5396 and AS53192's of which we have several) how do you go about
doing it?

What I mean is, there are 8 T1's in a AS53192 and 4 in a AS5396. If you
want to have a primary D channel and a backup D channel, do you have to
have one of each per chassis?

In other words can you do this with 12 PRIs:

AS53192 AS5396
------------- -----------
    23B+D 23B+D
    24B 24B
    24B 24B
    24B 23B+D (backup D)
    24B
    24B
    24B
    23B+D (backup D)

Or can you do something like this (12 PRIs):

AS53192 AS5396
------------- -----------
    23B+D 24B
    24B 24B
    24B 24B
    24B 23B+D (backup D)
    24B
    24B
    24B
    24B

In other words, can NFAS span chassis somehow or do you need a primary and
backup D channel in each chassis?

Thanks,
Thomas