Re: [nsp] Forwarding latency corellated to CPU utilization

From: Przemyslaw Karwasiecki (karwas@ifxcorp.com)
Date: Fri Jul 12 2002 - 17:03:09 EDT

Martin,

As long as CPU utilization is not affecting forwarding performance,
I can live with it. But what I don't understand (don't like) is that
IOS scheduler is preempting (or not giving CPU fast enough) to
whatever process is responsible for forwarding.

In my case, it looks like MPLS frame removal is done in user-land
(is there anything like this in IOS?), so it depends on CPU being given
to some process. I would expect, that such operation should be done
during interrupt processing, not by regular process...

Przemek