RE: [nsp] Argh

From: Basil V. Dolmatov (dol@east.ru)
Date: Tue Sep 07 1999 - 03:26:03 EDT

On Tue, 7 Sep 1999, Robert J. Adams wrote:

> Alan,
>
> Ok.. noticed one problem with this "fix" ..
>
> With this setting the Cisco ignores my radius netmasks.. i.e. the following
> no longer works.
>
> user Auth-Type = LDAP
> Framed-IP-Address = 209.251.13.161,
> Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.240,
> ..
>
> Any ideas on a work around?
No workaround....

In order to get attributes as IP and others from tacacs/radius
you must have "aaa authorization network tacacs+" ( or "radius")

It is this process "authorization network" which requests these parameters
and set them up...

If you disable this process, then you have no these features.. ;)

Fair, heh? ;)

> -Jason

Basil (Vasily) Dolmatov CCNP-Security, CCDA
East Connection ISP, Moscow, Russia. (http://www.east.ru)