Re: [nsp] Argh

From: Basil V. Dolmatov (dol@east.ru)
Date: Tue Sep 07 1999 - 06:28:06 EDT

On Mon, 6 Sep 1999, Robert J. Adams wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Well, since I was playing with dialup, I turned on AAA new-model .. one
> problem.. now whenever a T1 (i.e. int serial 1/0) goes down/up it tries to
> ppp auth them. Anyway to tell it NOT to auth on an interface? I tried the
> obvious (no ppp auth, no ppp auth pap) with no luck.
it is present in 12.0, I suppose that it is appeared in some 11.3 version,

you can say: ppp authentication chap pap QQ

setting beforehand list QQ to

aaa authentication ppp QQ none

This effectively disables ppp authentication on given interface...

Voila!

Basil (Vasily) Dolmatov CCNP-Security, CCDA
East Connection ISP, Moscow, Russia. (http://www.east.ru)