Re: [nsp] GSR and E3 cards.

From: Niels Bakker (niels@euro.net)
Date: Mon Oct 18 1999 - 09:19:25 EDT

Neil J. McRae wrote:

> Does anyone know if Cisco are going to do a E3 card for the GSR?
> I note they have a DS-3 card now but no E3 version...

Out of curiosity, why not use T3's instead? The trend among telcos is to
charge the same for both since they have to reserve the same amount of
bandwidth on their SDH networks. I'm not a Bellhead so I could be wrong
about this, but I believe a T3 is easier for them to deliver than an E3
because they need less hardware to convert stuff (STM1 and T3 are both
VC4? I heard).

        -- Niels.