[nsp] CEF and BVI

From: Phil Bedard (philb@cyberlynk.net)
Date: Thu Oct 28 1999 - 16:43:18 EDT

    Do interfaces using CEF not work in conjunction with BVIs or is this a
problem with a specific IOS version? We have a couple serial interfaces
being per-packet load balanced using CEF and just added some bridged ATM
sub-interfaces to do DSL with another provider. Getting to one of the
addresses within the BVI network doesn't work across the interfaces with CEF
enabled. If I disable CEF on the interfaces everything works fine. I
looked throughout CCO and couldn't find an exact answer or description of
the problem. This is on a 7206 running 12.0(4)T.

Phil Bedard