Re: Supporter sub interface.

From: Tay Chee Yong (tcy@pacific.net.sg)
Date: Tue Feb 26 2002 - 21:16:28 EST

Hi,

Talking about E1 serial sub-interface, I am currently working with a Serial
sub-interface on a Cisco 2651. My setup now is connecting 2 serials on 2
different router with a back-to-back V.35 cable.

Configured sub-interface with ip on both end, but I am unable to ping to
the peer. However, if I were to configure an ip address on the main
interface, I will then be able to ping to the sub-interface.

What have I missed?

Cheeyong

At 05:27 PM 2/26/02 +0800, Angelo De Guzman wrote:
>Hi to All,
> I just wanted to know if anyone on the list knows the maximum number of
>sub-interface an E1 serial interface support? And does the number of
>subinterface matter if it's point-to-point or point-to-multipoint. I'm
>using a
>hub and spoke topology in my design. And it's a frame-relay connection.
>TIA,
>Angelo De Guzman

Regards,
Cheeyong