[nsp] Frame relay and tcp/rtp header compression

From: Thomas Kernen (tkernen@deckpoint.ch)
Date: Mon Mar 04 2002 - 16:19:40 EST

I've been debating rtp and tcp header compression over frame-relay
interfaces. The way I understand this is that the a frame-relay network
built on Cisco boxes that are acting as the frame relay network switches
simply look into the frame header for routing the packet and the actual
tcp/rtp header is not taken into account therefore allowing one to run
tcp/rtp header compression on PtP links accross such as network without
enabling tcp/rtp header compression on each path.

Is this correct or am I missing something?

Thomas