Re: [nsp] Re[2]: [nsp] FE port in I/O Controller of 7206VXR

From: Charles Sprickman (spork@inch.com)
Date: Wed Nov 17 1999 - 02:27:32 EST

On Wed, 17 Nov 1999, Petri Helenius wrote:

> It took them a few years to get the AMD Presidio2 chip on 26XX's and 36XX's
> to run at 10 megabit full duplex. (and if you believe what they are saying,
> about five million dollars) So I'm not surprised here.

This is the same chip as in the PA-4E, isn't it? I'm guessing that my
more expensive 7206's can't run these ports full-duplex because they just
haven't gotten around to writing supporting software? I thought the
higher end stuff was supposed to get performance enhancements first...

And while we're on the subject of full/half duplex, does anyone know if
the Bay 301 switch can do full duplex on any ports at 10Mb?

Charles