RE: [nsp] Good IOS for 2620 with NM-4T1-IMA PPPoE / ATM

From: jlewis@lewis.org
Date: Sun Apr 07 2002 - 11:47:07 EDT

Yes...that is it. FN claims to cover 12.2T, so I went and looked again
just now, figuring that maybe this was a brand new release. According to
the docs, pppoe was introduced in 12.2(2)T, which seems to have been
released in June 2001. So why does FN still say PPPoE isn't supported on
the 2600 platform?

Also, while I was looking, I took a look at Enterprise Plus for the
2610-2613 series. Minimum requirements are 32mb flash, 96mb RAM.
According to
http://cio.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/acs_mod/cis2600/hw_inst/hw_notes/2600mem.htm
the 2610 maxes out at 16mb flash, 64mb RAM. What sort of cruel trick is
this?

And finally, I just did another search for MPLS VPN and 2600, and it seems
there is now some basic support for MPLS on the 2600 series, but not
enough to actually use a 2600 as a PE...unless I just haven't found the
right docs and releases.

On Sun, 7 Apr 2002, Frank Jimenez wrote:

> Is this the feature that you are looking for (PPPoE over ATM) or is it
> something else that you are needing?
>
> http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122newft
> /122t/122t2/ftpppoec.htm
>

> Frank Jimenez, CCIE #5738