RE: [nsp] Minimum prefix for BGP

From: Ahmer Ghazi (ghazi@sys.net.pk)
Date: Thu Jun 06 2002 - 04:23:33 EDT

Tejal,

Please try to summarize as much as possible. In most cases, injecting more specifics in the global BGP table won't do you any good (the traffic will take the same path), and will create unnecessary burden on the routers on the Internet.

I'm assuming that your addresses have been allocated directly by APNIC. If that is not the case, and you have obtained the IP blocks from your provider, then these /22s will automatically be aggregated in a larger block by your provider, saving the rest of us from seeing your more specifics.

Regards,

Ahmer Ghazi