[nsp] Re[2]: [nsp] CCIE certification track?

From: Ryan O'Connell (ryan-nsp@complicity.co.uk)
Date: Thu Jun 13 2002 - 14:20:45 EDT

On Thu, 13 Jun 2002 16:41:32 +0000 MPLS Newbie <routernewbie@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I could be wrong.
>
> Last time I checked to be a CCIE the only pre-req now is to be CCNA. NP
> is not a required thing.

Nope, never has been.

I would strongly advise that anyone attempting the CCIE take the CCNP *and*
the CCDP first. (DP is only one exam extra if you have the NP) If you're
not capable of eaisly passing the NP/DP you won't manage the IE.

> I also heard that the 1 day format for the lab is a lot easier than the
> 2 day.. anyone care to comment on that?

About the same. I passed the 2-day, several people I work with have since
done the one-day and the feedback I hear about how hard it is is about the
same. There's just less b*tching about the Troubleshooting. :-)

> Security is suppose to be the next hot thing. But it seems to be CSSIP
> (is that the right acronym?) is the hotter cert in the cert market for
> security than a ccie-security.

I've heard mixed things about the CISSP qualification, some like it some
don't. Despite having the CCSA and going after the CCSE (Checkpoint) I
don't really know much about that side of the industry particularly from an
employers point of view.