RE: [nsp] DE Packets

From: alan (alan@globalcenter.net)
Date: Sun Dec 05 1999 - 15:10:41 EST

  I should only email when I take the time to be clear, but here's a
  few issues...

> DE - Discard Eligible, ie; "yellow" packets, which have exceeded their
> threshold.

  So in this case, I think I was right.

  Green - under threshold
  Yellow - over threshold but capacity available
  Red - over threshold and no capacity available

> So, if one is 'within contract' they're yellow or DE. IF they go above,
> they're
> red and get dropped. Green get dropped, and get precedence above yellow.

  Green doesn't get dropped. I Dunno what i Was thinking, it gets
forwarded.

> hope this helps.

  or confuses :-)