RE: [nsp] Best practices for blocking IM traffic

From: Deepak Jain (deepak@ai.net)
Date: Thu Jul 04 2002 - 15:13:31 EDT

Best practices for blocking IM trafficYou can force your legitimate web
traffic to go through a proxy/firewall and restrict all direct (SOCKs, etc)
connections from the desktops to the Internet that aren't a proxied service
(FTP, WWW, Email, DNS).

Just make sure your proxies are too dumb to forward the IM packets and you
should be done, once and for all.

Deepak Jain
AiNET