[nsp] redundancy with catalyst 6500

From: Chris Johns (chrisjohns_cisco@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jul 09 2002 - 03:23:32 EDT

folks,

We have a cat6500 with nativeIOS and two supervisors, if one supervisor
fails then all the line cards are rebooted and there is downtime until the
line cards come online after the reboot and the second supervisor takes the
load.

Can anyone tell me if there is an IOS or one coming soon for the cat 6500
with nativeIOS that will fail over to the redundant supervisor without
rebooting the line cards? or will we have to go back to CatOS.

Current IOS 12.1(11)b

thanks
chris