RE: [nsp] Forwarding latency corellated to CPU utilization

From: David Sinn (dsinn@microsoft.com)
Date: Fri Jul 12 2002 - 15:49:51 EDT

Have you checked your interface stats (sho int stat) to make sure the
packets aren't getting punted to the processor? De-labeling a packet
might not be in the fast path in the version of IOS you are running.
Thus high-cpu periods slow down your process switched packets.

Ultimately it is probably going to be another version of IOS that will
solve this. Whether it is a bug or not is for Cisco to split hairs
over. This might just tell you why.

David