Re: [nsp] OSPF funny in 12.0(5)S

From: George Robbins (grr@shandakor.tharsis.com)
Date: Fri Dec 10 1999 - 19:19:04 EST

If it turns into a real mystery, look at the OSPF router ID's for
each router. If there are duplicates or the id picked belongs to
an interface that's down, routes don't propagate although everything
looks normal. If this happens to be it, just create a loopback on
each router with an IP that's likelty to be higher than any that
you actually use on an interface.

I don't know *why* this matters, but several of our "OSPF is broken
again, and we can't figure out why" hair-pulling episodes have turned
out to be router-id related. Why cisco can't put in an explict
router-id directive in is beyond me.

                                                George