Network troubleshooting resources

From: Steve Pfister (srp336@optimum.com)
Date: Wed Dec 15 1999 - 02:04:52 EST

What are some good network troubleshooting guides, especially for all-Cisco
networks? Most of what I know about troubleshooting and networking in
general is self-taught, and a bit spotty in some areas. I've got a current
performance problem that I'm kind of stuck on. As a test, I've got a script
on one host pinging another host that's on the other side of two routers.
Even when the networks in question are relatively quiet, I'm getting packet
loss. There are times when it gets to be 12-13% for a set of 100 pings.
What's the best place to get formal training in network troubleshooting?

Thanks!

--Steve