Re: [nsp] redistributing secondary address

From: Scott Whyte (swhyte@cisco.com)
Date: Wed Jan 05 2000 - 18:16:58 EST

On Wed, 5 Jan 2000, Alex Bligh wrote:

> > There are a few caveats about secondary addressing which I am sure
> > you are already aware of, like the requirement that the routers agree
> > on the primary address and the primary address on all the routers must
> > be in a common subnet.
>
> IE you cannot have an OSPF link *between* secondary addresses.

...without having OSPF on the primary addresses. And primary and
secondary must all be in the same area. And the secondary address
advertised by (additional) network statement will be advertised as a
stub...

-Scott

--
Scott Whyte     swhyte@cisco.com |"We prefer to call it an unrequested
Network Supported Accounts (NSA) | fission surplus."